Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Here Comes the Judge

While my blog has been primarily about business development in the digital industry I wanted to put on my political cap for a moment; or my judicial robe as the case may be here. I've been reading about President Obama's choice to replace David Souter on the Supreme Court, Sonia Sotomayor. This woman grew up in a housing project in the Bronx and since her father died when she was 9, her mother worked 2 jobs to put Sonia and her brother through school. She eventually went to Princeton, graduated summa cum laude, then on to Yale Law School and from there worked as an assistant DA in Manhattan before rising through the ranks as a judge. What a story. It's a cliche to say this is yet another example of the American dream (there, I said it anyway) in which hard work can reap many rewards. Now that I think about it, this has everything to do with business development in the digital industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment